x 5 Star Reviews Site

Archives for December 2014

What is the Difference Between Limited and Full Guardianship?

Discovering that your loved one is no longer capable of making decisions for himself or herself is challenging. If you find yourself in this situation, know that there are steps you can take to protect your family member. One popular option is to become your elder’s guardian by contacting a family law attorney in Louisiana. [Read more…]

Is Divorce Mediation Faster or Cheaper Than Litigation?

Many people make the mistake of assuming that litigation is their only solution for ending a marriage in Bossier City. Although litigation is still a rather popular avenue for dissolving marriages, alternative forms of dispute resolution like mediation are being explored by couples throughout Louisiana. While there are many benefits to mediation, some of the most common questions regarding its advantages have to do with the time and cost investment compared to litigation. [Read more…]

How to Prepare For a HIPAA Audit

Hospitals, physicians, and other individuals associated with medical records must be aware of the importance of compliance with state and federal regulations. Healthcare organizations in Louisiana may be subject to a HIPAA audit to verify compliance. It’s a good idea to work with a healthcare lawyer for a compliance review whether or not you have been contacted about an audit. An experienced Louisiana healthcare attorney can help ensure your compliance and prepare you for what to expect in a HIPAA audit. [Read more…]

How Can I Disinherit a Forced Heir in Louisiana?

Forced heirship is one of the most complicated and confusing aspects of estate law in Louisiana. There are several different situations where an individual can be a forced heir: a child under the age of 24 at the time of your death, a minor who is incapable or incapacitated at the time of your death, an incapacitated grandchild with a parent who has passed away before you, or a grandchild under the age of 24 at the time of your death with a parent who has already passed away. [Read more…]